A walk around the open air museum is a travel back in time. Both the Rural collection, the Town and the Residential area have houses with open doors you can look through. Some of them also have audio guides telling about the house and the time period it is from.
There are also several open exhibitions in the open air museum.
More activities in the Daily programme calendar.
The Rural collection
- Garmo stave church. The church from the 13th century with dragonheads on the roof ridge is one of the museum's main attractions.
- Mytting. Beautiful wall paintings and interior from the 1700s.
- The School. Experience school around 1866.
- Bjørnstad. A complete farm from the 1700s with 27 houses.
- Hage. A country home for a grocer and his family at the beginning of the 1900s.
- Workshops in the Town. The workshops of a photographer and a book binder.
The Residential area
- The house from the 1920s. The colorful walls inside in this log building are typical for the 1920s.